Experience the beauty and culture of Chania by joining this amazing small group walking tour through one of Greece’s most picture-perfect cities.
Chania Wine Food & Sunset
- Watch the sunset over a breathtaking panorama from a secret spot that only locals know about.
- Participate in a unique wine tasting event presented by a qualified sommelier and enjoy a three-course gourmet organic dinner.
- Learn about the city’s past and present and see why “Zorbas” lived his myth on Crete.
- Explore the old city’s alleyways and discover the bohemian side of Crete, from funky workshops to cool cafés.
- Sweeten your palate with an organic ice cream and savor some shots of raki, Crete’s best not-to-miss spirit.
- Per Person
- Private Group
- Price Per Person min 2 people
Your guide will be waiting in front of the “Kydon, The Heart City Hotel” at the entrance.
Please make sure that you are in front of the Kydon Hotel!
Your guide will be holding a Crete Local Adventures sign.
Please check the exact meeting point on Google Maps Here
Guests’ pickup is offered for the private group option. Pick-up time is adjustable upon your request. We will meet you at your hotel lobby or port on your cruise ship. Our guide will be holding a sign with your name.
Enjoy the sunset and a wine tour in Chania
If you are a wine and food lover, you’ll be glad to know there’s plenty of it in Chania, as well as, mouthwatering sweets, strong spirits, and amazing sunsets. We will check it all out and more while exploring the fascinating old city, venturing through hidden back alleyways, discovering unique Instagram sunset spots, and enjoying local recipes in venues that only locals know.
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour
- By participating in a local wine-tasting session paired with fresh local products, you support Crete’s regional farms and vineyards.
- By tasting an organic ice cream made from fresh local products and selected raw ingredients, you support a family-owned business.
- You also visit a cooperative that supports local producers and artisans directly.
Let us introduce you to authentic Crete and our local traditions and customs by experiencing Chania like a local. Follow us on this late afternoon sunset tour through the old medieval town of Chania and the old port and discover all the hidden gems the city has to offer!
Begin your amazing tour by meeting us in front of the Kydon Hotel, the locals’ main meeting point for hanging out.
Through the windy cobblestone back streets, you’ll explore the lesser-known parts of the Venetian Old Port while hearing tales and myths about unique old buildings, famous locals, and rebellions, and keep in mind that although these stories sound like fiction, they are so real!
On your way, we’ll show you funky, alternative bars where you can hang out later, and visit favorite local stores such as a cooperative that is dedicated to the preservation of locally produced crafts and edibles and supports local producers and artisans directly.
Then, you’ll head to a perfect vantage point from where you can enjoy the most captivating sunset with the old port in the foreground. Watch the sun slowly make its descent and post some of your once-in-life Instagram stories from here!
As you capture the last rays of light, we’ll roam through Chania’s labyrinth streets to a secret garden of a historic building for a local wine and food appreciation feast. Participate in an exclusive wine-tasting session of exceptional local wines with international awards, presented by a qualified sommelier, while pairing it with a three-course organic gourmet dinner. Here is the right place to learn everything about the Cretan wine varieties, and the Cretan cuisine, one of the healthiest worldwide.
For sweet lovers, you’ll be glad to know that after the wine tasting there is something more sinful on this tour: ice cream! We’ll introduce you to the most delicious ice cream ever, made from fresh local sheep milk, nuts, fruits, and other ingredients.
Your Chania-by-night tour wouldn’t be completed without drinking a nightcap in a local venue by sipping plenty of “raki” shots, our local spirit based on grapes, and mingling with locals.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask us for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to Crete.
Wine tasting, three-course gourmet dinner, ice cream, raki (local spirit)
Additional food and drink, souvenirs and items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In general, there are few dress restrictions in Europe and dress codes are similar to those you are used to at home.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- All our team members are fully vaccinated.